Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      JOSHUA BURCK
      Keymaster

Hello all I have been away from the mountains far too long and am getting amped to move back in April and start fishing.

I thought a fun topic would be the smallest lake that you have caught fish in or know holds fish, pics are a bonus!

I will start off and am going to cheat already with Crane lake by St Helens. It’s 1700 ft elevation (I know not a high lake hence the cheating) but it is a good hike in and the trail head starts at 2800ft. I don’t know how many acres the lake is but as you can see from the pics it’s tiny. The lakes edges are super swampy and brushed in crazy thick. To get to the water I walked in a log (still had to fight brush) and saw how shallow the lake was and if I was not trying to take a picture would have instantly turned back. But trying to snap a pic I saw a rise. So I stayed about 10 minutes to investigate. Saw several more rises and a few small fish swim by. Then it was time to leave, did not have fishing gear as I was not in the area to fish but put in extra miles to scout lake while I was there. I will make a return trip to see what it was lurking in the lake.(most likely brookies) Also if anyone decides to venture down there be bear aware, no sightings but lots of bear sign.

Attachments:
        JOSHUA BURCK
        Keymaster

Map of area

Attachments:
          Brian Curtis
          Keymaster

That’s a good one. It is about 1.5 acres, but the fishable area is obviously much smaller. You’d be surprised at how small some lakes that hold fish are. Lets see, one that comes to mind is Lennox Outlet Pot at about 0.17 acres. It has a small population of small fish. I’m sure there are smaller ones out there.

phppRSHTl

Here’s an even smaller one, Larch Outlet Pot #3 at about 0.1 acres (and several others about the same size):

Larch Outlet Pot #4

• This reply was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by Brian Curtis.
            JOSHUA BURCK
            Keymaster

I imagine some of those beaver ponds running on streams could get pretty small and hold fish. That is pretty cool. Thanks for the post. Could probably almost spit across that larch outlet pond ?

• This reply was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by JOSHUA BURCK.
              Tom Bentzen
              Participant

Find the upper most Bear Mountain lake. Shes small and getting smnaller. The fish in there will surprise you.

Keith Peter
                Participant

Does Lennox pot even have fish?

Ted Allestad
                  Participant

The lower Beaverpus comes to mind. It’s basically a wide spot in the outlet stream from the middle lake that is larger and deeper but doesn’t seem to hold fish. It can hold 2 or 3 fish.

Pete Smith

How about Porcupine Lk? Fed by outlet of Twin Lk by Margaret Lk. It holds CT. I can fly cast across it.

Viewing 7 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.