Forums Forums Public High Lakes Forum High lakes discussion Sky Wild Wilderness:

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Ken McLeod
      Participant

A good article in the Seattle P.I. Getaways by Greg Johnston today (Oct. 3, 2002) about the proposd Sky Wild Wilderness. Though we can discuss it and all that it might entail, what is favor? Remember this: wilderness designation allows/permits fishing & hunting within the deignated area. And what it does stop is logging. Personally, I favor the proposed wildrness designation.

Do you favor designation or not?

Ken McLeod
        Participant

added thoughts:

I for one am on board to endorse/support the bill because I believe it’s the best thing going for that land right now, and should be designated as wilderness. And though the club has taken no official position, about 2 months ago Pres. Jon ask for a “feeling” of favor by a show of hands…about 28 raised their hands, only 2 at that time raised their hands in disfavor. Since then, I know of about 4 others in disfavor and about 5 more in favor. In essence, you be the judge…

Josh C.
          Participant

“Enjoyed the PI article, thanks for the insight on it, as well as your club. About the above, I certainly hope the wild sky area becomes a designated wilderness area – what a benefit it would be to the surrounding land involved – No More Logging for one!”

Ken McLeod
            Participant

Though the Trail Blazers Club has taken no official position or club vote on the proposed Wild Sky Wilderness, the membership has, on an individual basis with the magority or multitude of the club favoring and endorsing the proposed Wild Sky Wilderness designation. For a compiled list of names of Trail Blazers (and other outdoor sportspeople who support the above effort, see:

http://www.alpinequest.com/wildsky.html

Ken McLeod
              Participant

The most recent update of July 2004.

http://www.wawild.org/campaigns/Wild_Sky_Hearing.html

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.