Forums Forums Public High Lakes Forum High lakes discussion Short distance lakes

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      scottchristiani71
      Participant

I took Trina for a nice little hike last week, and it was just what she needed…a getaway from the city. We were hoping to hike up to Trout Lake (Skykomish) but the road had a tree down, so we ended up hiking up the Necklace Valley trail a ways.

I am looking for suggestions for trails to lakes that are a shorter distance, probably a max of a couple miles or so, MAYBE 3 miles if she was really feeling good. And I am looking for gentle grades. The trail up Necklace Valley was nice and flat. I know that most of this area is very steep, but I am looking for jewels in the rough. She is doing chemo right now, so she runs out of gas fast. I am hoping you guys might know of some easy hikes where we could get in to a lake and throw a line in the water. The trail must be a good one; personally, I would be all for hiking up a steep deer trail with mud and rocks and all that, but sure footing is a must for her. I am trying to help her feel good about getting out of the city, build some confidence, etc. Yesterday she said she really wanted to go for another hike once this round of chemo is over, so I want to make it a positive experience for both of us.

Mick Scott
        Participant

Barclay lake – north of US 2 out of Baring would be great and should be snow free now.

scottchristiani71
          Participant

Cool, thanks! I will check it out

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.