Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Mike Blodgett
      Participant

Does anyone have any information on Rock Lake/ It is up off of the Foss River Rd via Hiway 2. I am hikning ihn this next weekend for an over nighter. I know that Top Lake and the Middle one above Lake Evan have fish I have casught them their, but I have never been to rock and heard there is god fishing. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have been to many hi-lakes and can give out many details about them but alot i keep to myself. Well anyways keep it clean nad a word or two would be great.

Mike Blodgett
        Participant

So I can’t spell or type oh well.

caveman
          Participant

Hey,
            Ya it is a pretty steep fishermans trail in there. You gain a lot of elevation. When you park at the end the trail is about 200 feet before the end of the road. It goes straight up the bank. There was a lot of fallen trees when I was up there last but it is doable. At one time there use to be Browns in there because tehre were a lot of rainbows. but I have never caught anything in the lake. It is a real nice lake though. Really big so bring a raft. It is a couple of miles in and a lot of elevation.

Caveman

Mike Blodgett
            Participant

Thanks, I will post a report when I get back on Monday. Maybe I will have better luck at fishin it. We shall see.

Mike Blodgett
              Participant

The fishing was good since I caught this Brown. the weather was typical for late summer…rain and cold…we hit snow at 5000′ approximately…the climb was brutal…but well worth it…comming out was worse…Had a great time though, will probably return in the future…you would think that there is an easier way in though…I shall have to scope it out in the future…

keep it clean

GlacierGlider

caveman
                Participant

Hey,
                  Glad you were able to make it up there. It is a grunt though. Nice big lake. Probably a lot of fall trees over the trail.

Caveman

Brian Curtis
                  Keymaster

Nice one. Those big old browns are hard to catch. What did it have in its stomach?

Keith Peter
                    Participant

Been to Rock Lake many a time but I am usually on my way over Panorama or Purvis lake.Back in the 70’s that lake was over run with cuts you could look down on the lake from the cliffs above and see them swimming all over. Looked like little snakes on the water. But the times I went past after that the fish thinned out. I have caught a few nice fish in there while trolling my raft near the Southern end.

Jim Mighell
                      Participant

Mike, Just love your reports and your ability to find the hotspots — This reply is a bit late but did want you to know there is an easier way in – back in the 70’s there were overnight outings there with guys wives and little kids who took the “easy” way in . I’m not sure I could find it again , since its been years since used, but maybe!

Keith Peter
                        Participant

Comming out was worse because it was mostly straight downhill?

Viewing 9 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.