Forums Forums Public High Lakes Forum High lakes discussion On Woodsy Idleness:

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      McPilchuckblazer
      Participant

Fishing and hunting can be work and I profess to work at it, but like in the story about Rip Van Winkle, I too can find simple enjoyment being wholly absorbed in a woody atmosphere in the state of idleness – usually doing absolutely nothing to pass time ‘cept watching the fishing rod tip bounce from a nibble. And on occasion sneaking away with the hound; loveable and freindly as he is the old bird dog I believe would follow me to the ends of the earth and then back. At length, we’d fire the o’l shotgun at a fleeing biddies through the woods and hike up hill and dale filling the game bag as it were…all in the passing of whistling away life as some would say. But it is in the field where a man can be totally alone or idle in spirit. For here, he can gaze upon the forested river valleys and view those magnificent jeweled high lakes from precipitous mountain vistas, or perhaps wander to its shore and fish it, all along finding great wonder at the tiny things growing at his feet. It is, indeed, a great thing to know woodsy idleness herein the Pacific Northwest…

McPil

Anonymous

To early.

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.