Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Alpine4x4
      Participant

My names Ryan, I’m from East Wenatchee born and raised. I’m 22 and am looking to pursue a career in zoology focusing on the study of fish. Currently I’m a salesman-draftsman for a pre cast concrete plant here in East Wenatchee. I enjoy fishing for any species I can find. I am especially fond of Tiger Musky out of Curlew Lake up by Republic. I also just recently began rod building and enjoy it as well. I plan on constructing a custom 4 piece rod for packing into lakes. In reading WDFW publications online I keep seeing reference to the Hi Lakers as well as the Trail Blazers and figured I’d join up. I’ve always had a fascination with high lakes. Valhalla is one of my favorites and i hope to get back to it soon. I also enjoy the scenery at Myrtle, regardless of the stunted Brookie population. :fishing:

Brian Curtis
        Keymaster

Hi Ryan, welcome to the forum. I’ve never been to Myrtle or Valhalla so I’ve got some catching up to do :camping:

Alpine4x4
          Participant

Myrtle is loaded with stunted Brook Trout and some Rainbows. Average fish size was 4″ the last time I was there, yet that was eons ago. Valhalla was loaded with Cutts and a blast to fish. I’m finally rekindling my hiking side and am ramping up to hit the high lakes hard next year.

Bob Burnell
            Participant

Hi Ryan

Welcome to the club and forum. I haven’t been to Valhalla in years and didn’t do well last trip. When was your last trip? What worked if you don’t mind my asking.

I look forward to meeting you in the not too distant future.

Bob

Alpine4x4
              Participant

Shoot, it’s been 8-10 years since I’ve been up there. Hiked in with my Boy Scout Troop. I was using a mosquito fly on spinning gear with a bobber about 2-3′ up the line from there. Spinfly fishing, seemed to work. Caught enough for dinner!

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.