Forums Forums Public High Lakes Forum High lakes discussion NE/E Side of Rainier Driveable Options

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      DaveO
      Participant

Family is headed up to do a little camping along White River and looking to nab a lake closeby that I can either take a short hike or drive to. I’ll have my old hiking pooch so thinking, Lonesome Lake or go further and do Bumping and Lily.

I’m sure the latter option will reward larger fish, but not sure of bumping in late July with a fly rod. Or if Lonesome holds fish, it’s fairly deep and in someone’s camping video I saw a rise.

Any tips? Will probably leave Fido one day and check out Hidden and the post burn woods.

Brian Curtis
        Keymaster

Lonesome has fish but isn’t terribly deep. It has a population of naturally reproducing brookies. There is an experimental plant of tiger trout there. If you fish Lonesome we ask that you measure all fish you catch and release any tiger trout (but feel free to keep any brookies!). If you catch a tiger check for an adipose fin. Half of the tiger trout had their adipose fins clipped. If you could report back with whatever you catch it would be really helpful!

DaveO
          Participant

Thank you Brian, those views from Lonesome and the lookout nearby look very nice. Tigers would be a nice surprise! Hope they’ve gotten to a decent size.

Would love to provide data back on catches.

DaveO
            Participant

Brian I believe my private messages are disappearing, have no record of the last couple sent on my end. I have a table of catch data from the fishing at Lonesome. I could screenshot or shoot me your email and I can give you the table of data.

Brian Curtis
              Keymaster

It looks like the messaging system must be down. I sent you an email

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.