Forums Forums Public High Lakes Forum High lakes discussion NCNP fish stocking EIS

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Brian Curtis
      Keymaster

“Coming up are public meetings concerning the continuation of fish stocking in the North Cascades National Park. Below is the press release from the park that lists the meeting dates and locations. ^^^^Sedro-Woolley – – Superintendent Bill Paleck today announced plans to prepare an Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) regarding management of fisheries in natural lakes in the North Cascades National Park Service Complex. We are requesting comments from the public on fishery management issues and concerns including fish stocking. We are concerned only with the natural lakes, rivers and creeks in the complex”

Brian Curtis
        Keymaster

I’m responding to my own post so that it pops out again because I think these upcoming meetings are extremely important. The more people that attend the better. The outcome of these meetings will have repercussions far beyond the park itself.This may well be an important precedent for all future high lake stocking.

crazyjake
          Participant

Will be in attendance for this metting. Hope to meet some of you there.

DJH
            Participant

I too plan on attending the Seattle meeting. This should concern anyone that has fished some of the gems that lie within the park. Hope to see others there too. -Dave

Jonathan Leathers
              Participant

“The meeting in Bellevue was very constructive and I’m glad I went. I will also be attending the Seattle one tonight if the wife gets home before 7. I will keep an eye out for you, my name is Jonathan Leathers.”

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.