Forums Forums Public High Lakes Forum High lakes discussion High Lake Fishing Report suggestions

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      mcmahon2005
      Participant

I keep my own fishing reports for alpine lakes. I like to make it as extensive as possible. I am alraedy adding the year it was stocked and the moonphase. Does anyone ahve anything else to add. Heres my current report, i hope it will all fit:

Alpine Lakes fishing Report

Lake Name____________Date of Trip ___/___/___ to ___/___/___ County______________ Quality of fishing on a scale of 1-10 _____ Day of week fished ___________ to __________
        Fish Activity -Rising on a scale of 1-10 ___ Cruising on a scale of 1 to 10 ___
        Fish Condition -Fat__ -Normal__ -Thin __ -Big Head__ -Spawning__
        Fish Seen -Dead __ -Fry__
        Observed Insects ___________________________ _________________________________ ____________________________________ _____________________________________
        _________________________________ _______________________________________
        Granite Surronding -yes___ -no_____
        Southern exposure -great___ -good___ -ok____ -bad____ -worst____
        Length of Hike_____ miles Elevation Gain______’ Elevation of Lake______’
        Type of shoreline ________________________________________________________
        Depth Contours -Steep__ -Moderate__ -Flat__ Water Condition -Clear__
        -Dark__ -Extremely Clear__ -Glacial__ % Frozen______
        Structure ________________________ __________________________ ________________________ _______________________ _______________________
        Time at Lake ___ days ___ hours ___ minutes Time Fishing – ________________
        Camp usage -Heavy__ -Moderate__ -Light__ # of campsites____
        Lake Usage -People at lake___ -People Fishing___ -# of Bait Fisherman___
        Lake Info _____acres Inlet__ Outlet__ Spawning area on a sale of 1-10 _____
        Water Temp ____ degrees Weather ____________________________________
        Time of day fished ____:____ to ____:____
        Weather Trend__________________________________________________________
        Type of bottom_____________________________________________________
        Rod ___________________________________________________________________
        Reel____________________________________________________________________
        Line____________________________________________________________________

Species
        Quantity
        Size Range
        Average size

Comments
        ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
        Lure info Hookups Strikes Landed Length of time of use Action

Size Weight Species

Size Weight Species

Brian Curtis
        Keymaster

Here’s a link to the pdf version of the survey form that matches the online form. We developed it in conjunction with the WDFW and have been using it for many years. It was based on the original high lake report card they used to use starting back in the sixties.

If you submit surveys online then you can access all the surveys you’ve submitted. It makes a great diary of all your trips.

http://www.watrailblazers.org/survey/HL%20Fishing%20Report_V4.4.pdf

[edit]Sorry about the copy paste link. I’m not sure why the bbcode isn’t working here.

mcmahon2005
          Participant

Thats where i got a lot of the stuff i put on my report. I just figured out how to do the online survey and will be doing that from now on too. But i also like to keep my own more stensive survey.

Brian Curtis
            Keymaster

More extensive surveys are always better. Be sure to incorporate that extra info into the comments in your online version.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.