Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Mark Harris
      Participant

I decided to wander over this way. Some of the posts are very interesting reads and quite informational. I believe I’ve crossed paths with a few of you on NWhikers like Brian Curtis, Sooperfly, and Borank.

Do you guys have any way of getting involved without having to commute for the Westside meetings?

I live in Wenatchee which makes it kind of a decent commute. Have you guys ever thought of meeting at a college? I take classes in Wenatchee that are beamed from Lynnwood, Des Moines, Ellensburg, and Moses Lake which allow 2 way communication via fancy speakers and such.

Anyways, I’ve spent a lot of time pouring over maps and guides as well as on NWhikers and have a great interest in remote, high lakes. Although, not quite as experienced as most, I’m looking for a little tutelage and I figured you guys would know the most. Most of my knowledge has come from research and a few trips, but nothing beats a little feedback from the older generations.

Maybe I’ll have to make the commute for a meeting or two and see what it’s like.

Brian Curtis
        Keymaster

Check out the Hi-Lakers. They are a less formal club that is much better for someone who can only attend an occasional meeting.

Mark Harris
          Participant

Do you have to be a member to go on stocking trips? What requirement must be met?

Do you guys have a standard for “regularly attending meetings”? How about every other?

Brian Curtis
            Keymaster

You don’t have to be a member to go along on stocking trips. You just need to get somebody to take you along.

We’ve found that most members who have a really long commute normally don’t last too long. The long drives both to the meetings and the hatcheries take their toll and interest tends to wane. That being said, we do have some far off members. One is temporarily living in Wenatchee, in fact.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.