Forums Forums Public High Lakes Forum High lakes discussion Great High Lakes Fishing Web Page from California

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Cliff Church
      Participant

“Hello,^^^^for what it’s worth, I thought I would pass along a link to a great site in California about high lakes fishing. The owner of the site is a fellow named John Wakabayashi, and here is his link: http://www.tdl.com/~wako/trout.html. I discovered John’s site this past spring but lost contact with him. Lot’s of wonderful info on high lakes fishing and great photos. In my emails with John I discovered that he has an incredible amount of data collected on several hundred high lakes in central & northern California; data which very closely resembles data collected by the TB organization over the years. Anyway, take a look – it’s worth the visit.^^^^Cliff “

Dave Weyrick
        Participant

“Great website Salish! I’ve gotta have some Z-Rays after reading about the success this couple has with them. Maybe this lure will outfish my alltime favorite, the 1/4 oz. gold Thomas Bouyant. Anybody like-minded and want to split a dozen 1/4 oz. Brass Z-Rays with red spots so we don’t both have to pay the $6.50 shipping charge? Lemeno.”

Cliff Church
          Participant

“Hi Dave,^^^^John (that web page owner) turned me on to the Zray a few months ago, and I’ve had pretty good luck with them. I’ve got a few of the 1/4oz and a couple 1/8oz – gold w/red dots. In fact, there’s a 14 cut swimming around in North Lake with one hanging out of his lip right now, unless Brian caught him after I left (he broke me off). I found a few locally, but they are all gone and they are really hard to find, so count me in for your lure-pool. ^^Cliff”””

Dave Weyrick
            Participant

“Salish- I ordered a dozen 1/4 oz. brass Z-Rays w/red spots. I’ll bring them to both next Wed. HL’er meeting and the Nov. TB’er meeting. Wish I’d had a chance to talk a bit to you at the TB’er meeting, but Milt kept my attention with many great stories of the old days.”

Cliff Church
              Participant

Thanks for doing this Dave. I’ll be catching up with you at the next meeeting (either one).^^Cliff

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.