Forums Forums Forum Rules of Use

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author
      Kathy
      Keymaster

•The Hi-Lakers forum is for the exclusive use and enjoyment of the members of the Hi-Lakers Club.
        •The purpose of the forum is to provide a positive venue for discussions, announcements and information related to the mission of the Hi-Lakers Club or its members personal interests in the outdoors.
        •We require all posts to be positive, constructive, and on topic. We may delete individual posts that could ruin a good topic thread.
        •When at odds, debating the idea is perfectly appropriate but attacking the member is not.
        •We reserve the right to ban any member who violates our guidelines or disrupts our community. We will be fair and provide warning in most cases.
        •“Trolling”. Do not post in order to anger other members or intentionally cause negative reactions. For a given post, this can be a subjective call, but a pattern of such posting or an especially flagrant case will get you banned. Basically, don’t try to pick fights.
        •Knowingly posting false or misleading information is also prohibited.

These rules of use apply to all sub-forums on the Hi-Lakers site.

Keith Peter
        Participant

My question is when you click on a persons name it comes up with add as a friend or foe. What is this all about? If you add them as a friend does it allow them special privilidges as opposed to adding them as a foe? Thanks KP

Kathy
          Keymaster

The “Foe” button apparently removes your ability to receive PM’s and see posted messages from that person. I don’t believe the “Friends” button adds any appreciable functionality, but I could be wrong there.

Keith Peter
            Participant

Oh I see so if I got tired of Kathy posting pictures of big fish on here and bragging about it I could make her my “foe” until I decided to go out and catch my own or got over the fact she is always going to out fish me??? 😀

Kathy
              Keymaster

Tryin’ to stir up trouble I see!!! 😆

Bob Burnell
                Participant

@Kathy wrote:

Tryin’ to stir up trouble I see!!! 😆

Keith is obviously a rabble rouser…. I say we ban him!!

Guess I shouldn’t say that because you’d probably need to ban me too… 😀

Keith Peter
                  Participant

ohh no not the ban I hate the ban!!! I just thought that it was strange reading thru the postings that a person could do that. How about time out can we have timeout with music? 😆 :caught:

Kathy
                    Keymaster

A time out would be a temporary ban – you would have to provide the music 🙂

allison
                      Participant

I think this Burnell character needs a time out. No music either. :caught:

Hey I just noticed the forum guidelines and read them. I totally borrowed the ones from the WFF forum and reworked them for the TBs…and now here they are. Looks good. 8)

Keith Peter
                        Participant

Bob to the timeout with you!! No music, cookies or milk. It’s amazing the world of acronyms we live in today. When you can be a TB’er and a HL’er while holding a MBA in MB!! Well the rainy days of winter are upon us but the snowpack seems to be low and possible water restrictions along with low water levels this summer.

allison
                          Participant

Ouch, I did sound like a pretentious lil’ windbag with the acronyms, you’re right. 😈 I should get better at typpiinng so I would not cheat and got all acronystic on the interwebs.

Bob Burnell
                            Participant

@allison wrote:

Ouch, I did sound like a pretentious lil’ windbag .

I say lets’s Ban the “PLW” 😆

Tom Bentzen
                              Participant

Can a person who is NOT a dual member post in the new area?

Brian Curtis
                                Keymaster

Yes. As long as you are a member of one club or the other you can read and post in the new area.

Tom Bentzen
                                  Participant

Thanks Brian. :fishing:

allison
                                    Participant

The intent of the dual forum is to save double posting, and to a lesser degree, for sharing information.

The idea of keeping it small is intended to keep the clubs’ respective identities intact.

As a dual member, I will say that I really like that the clubs have very distinct and different vibes.

Viewing 15 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.