Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      caveman
      Participant

I was wondering were I could get a list of the what alpine lakes are getting stocked and when they did. I found a page on Washington Fisheries but it only had 2 counties on it and not the whole state.

Thanks,

Adam

Dave Weyrick
        Participant

http://wdfw.wa.gov/fish/plants/2009stocking.pdf

Check out this link. Plants are listed by county. Either go to the lake you are interested in and see when fry were planted, or scan the county and see where just a few, 100-1000 fry were planted, that may be a high lake. With your list of interesting potential lakes, go to my topo dot com and check the maps to see where the lakes are and how you might get there. Asking specific questions about lakes of interest may get you some responses or PMs. Hope this helps.

caveman
          Participant

I have seen that one before, I thought there might be one on just alpine high lakes.

Adam

Brian Curtis
            Keymaster

Any list of high lake stocking gives a very distorted view of high lakes available for fishing because there are so many lakes with naturally reproducing fish that don’t show up in those lists.

caveman
              Participant

It is too bad that there is not a list of it. I do understand though with all the lakes. I guess you would need to get with a Fish Wildlife Biologist to find out where they are planting some fish.

Adam

Art Jackson
                Participant

I guess you would need to get with a Fish Weldlife Biologist to find out where they are planting some fish.

Or you could do what’s been suggested a couple times and go to the fish plant page and look through the archive pages.
                  http://wdfw.wa.gov/fish/plants/
                  I’m not sure why you are troubled by their format. The lakes listed on those pages are “where they are planting some fish”. There are no other “stealth” or “secret” lists.
                  A biologist may limit the species of fish put in high lakes due to environmental considerations, but the hatcheries rear fry to be put in state lakes without regard to elevation, that’s why their report makes no distinction.

Mick Scott
                  Participant

:caught:

caveman
                    Participant

Wow, I missed an i.

Viewing 7 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.