Forums Forums Public High Lakes Forum Miscellaneous First fish of the year

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      sooperfly
      Participant

Caught my first fish of ’05. Yesterday on the Methow River. Pretty chilly out and the wind was blowing, but there wasn’t hardly a soul on the river.

😀

http://tinyurl.com/4x8lg

mossback
        Participant

Looks like it was worth it. Nice fish.

Anonymous

Nice fish!!!

Anonymous

Indeed!!!

McPil

brownster145
              Participant

Wow… that fish is pretty bright for this time of year up there, isn’t it? I still haven’t gotten over there like I’ve been meaning to. Maybe next year…

I might as well join the fun, here. I caught this fish on the last day of ’04 on the Green River (native, released).

Still looking for my first fish of ’05. 🙄

Andrew

sooperfly
                Participant

Not really, most of the ones we have caught so far have been just like this. Maybe the males might be a bit darker. That’s a great fish you have there! Would that be net marks toward the back ? Or maybe it duked it out with a seal? 😀

brownster145
                  Participant

Yeah, those are net scars from the Muckleshoots’ gillnets, which are, about 4 days per week, strung all across the Duwamish waterway up toward Seattle. When the nets are in, you won’t see many fish headed upriver; they take a lot of fish down there. I guess this one was strong enough to fight her way back out, though.

Sadly, about 5% of the fish I catch in this river have net scars, and those are the lucky ones. I think I need to head Methow-ward. 😀

Andrew

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.