Forums Forums Public High Lakes Forum High lakes discussion Catch and Release Record

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Spencer Meline
      Participant

Just wondering if anyone had thoughts on Washington implementing a catch and release record system like Idaho uses. I had no idea it was a thing till recently… personally think it would be fun. Doubt the state would want to spend any extra resources a project like that though.

Brian Curtis
        Keymaster

I didn’t realize they had that program. It does seem like a good idea.

Fun facts: I’d have to check back in my notes but I’m pretty sure I caught a sunapee trout larger than that 10″ state record. LOL. I’ve fished the lake where the record grayling was caught, but didn’t catch anything large.

Spencer Meline
          Participant

Congrats on your record fish! lol Yeah, obviously the odd’s are it will never happen but I feel like depending on where I’m at if I caught a record sized fish id just let it go. It would be so much nicer to measure and snap a photo than to haul a 5 pound fish out of the mountains.

I was looking over the WA records wondering if Angus Kerr was Hi-Laker or Trailblazer? he has the record for westslope and had the GT record before it was broken in 2020. I thought it was interesting that one guy had two separate record’s from two lakes that are right over the ridge from each other.

Art Jackson
            Participant

Angus (Sooperfly on nwhikers.net) is not a member of either club, though several of us communicate with him via pm on that site. He also has connection with a fish biologist on that side of the mtns and has been involved in lake plants through that source.

Spencer Meline
              Participant

Art, thanks for the information. I’m going to assume you are Arthur Jackson who broke his GT record in 2020. congratulations if I’m not wrong.

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.