Forums Forums Public High Lakes Forum High lakes discussion A short hike in the next couple weeks…

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      mcmahon2005
      Participant

I have 3 choices to choose from, Beaver plant lake, Boardman lake, Or lake barclay. What do you think would be the best hike 4 the shortest amount of time?

Brian Curtis
        Keymaster

Tough question. It depends on what you’re looking for, really. The most scenic is probably Barclay. Baring towers over head and it is truly impressive. But even though you won’t find solitude at any of these lakes Barclay is the one most likely to be a zoo. Boardman is nice, but I’d be inclined to go there when you can keep going past to the lakes above. I think I’d take Beaver Plant because if there are people around then you can go on to the Ashlands or Twin Falls.

mcmahon2005
          Participant

What would be the best lake for fishing? I have not heard much about fish at beaver plant lake. But i know peopole fish in barclay and Boardman.

Brian Curtis
            Keymaster

None of them are going to be super hot fishing, but they all have fish. I’d probably choose Beaver Plant because if the fish aren’t biting there you can try other lakes near by.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.